Sundarban Tour Package
Sundarban Tour Package
The Sundarbans is a natural region in Bengal. It is the largest single block of tidal halophytic mangrove forest in the world. The Sundarbans covers approximately 10,000 square kilometers (3,900 sq mi) of which 60 percent is in Bangladesh with the remainder in India. The Sundarbans is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Sundarbans National Park is a National Park, Tiger Reserve, and aBiosphere Reserve located in the Sundarbans delta in the Indian state of West Bengal. Sundarbans South, East and West are three protected forests in Bangladesh. This region is densely covered by mangrove forests, and is one of the largest reserves for the Bengal tiger.
The Sunderbans are a part of the world’s largest delta formed by the mighty rivers Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna. Situated on the lower end of the Gangetic West Bengal, it is also the world’s largest estuarine forest. The Sunderbans is criss-crossed by hundreds of creeks and tributaries. It is one of the most attractive and alluring places remaining on earth, a truly undiscovered paradise.
- Day 1:Kolkata – Godhkhali – Sunderbans
Pickup from Kolkata in an exclusive vehicle and drive to Godhkhali, a journey of about 3 hrs. After obtaining requisite Forest permission we transfer you from Godhkhali jetty by motor boat to the tourist lodge located in the Sunderbans Islands. This journey would take you down the rivers Hogil, Gomar, Durgaduni and Gumdi in about one and a half hour. In the afternoon after lunch, set off on motor boat to the Sunderbans National Park and view wildlife from the Sajnekhali watchtower and visit the Sajnekhali Museum and Mangrove Interpretation Centre. This Watchtower provides one with an opportunity to view wildlife from close quarters.
After watching the sunset, we return you to your resort either to rest or if you are interested, you may enjoy an entertaining evening of Folk Dance “Banbibi Pala”(Optional). Dinner and night halt at the forest resort/boat .
Meals : Lunch, Evening Snacks, Dinner
- Day 2: Sundarbans National Park
The second day involves a full day cruise through the rivers and narrow creeks of the Sundarbans National Park and a lovely birding experience. Food would be prepared and served on the launch itself. Start after bed tea and visit the various watch towers of Sudhanyakhali, Neti Dhopani (Subject to weather and tide permitting) as well as Do Banki. The canopy walk at Do Banki gives you an opportunity to view wildlife from a netted enclosure.
The sweet water pond at Neti Dhopani attracts a lot of wild animals and offers you the chance to view them from close quarters. Neti Dhopani also has the ruins of a 400 year old temple.
Thereafter, enjoy the thrill of cruising deep in the “Indian Amazon” as Purbasha calls it and also around the islands of the Sunderban Tiger Project Area. Let yourself be guided by our Naturalist and Guide to view the Mangrove forest from close quarters, deep inside the creeks and return in the evening. Overnight stay at the forest resort/boat.
Meals : Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks, Dinner
- Day 3: Sunderbans to Kolkata
In the morning, we cruise along the waterways and take you for
a tour of Chargheri Char, the Southern most village of South 24 Parganas. This is a special attraction where you have a chance to get a feel of the “Mudflats”. An important physical feature of Sundarbans are the “Mudflats”. You may be lucky enough to see small Octopus, Star Fish, Jelly Fish, Horse shoe Crab, prawn seeds as well as many other
variety of fishes etc. Optional activity involves country boat ride along the jungles. We then set off for a visit to a village and learn about the experiences of the villagers in the forest. Meet the fishermans, the Honey Collectors as well as the woodcutters and share their experiences of the Jungle
After lunch at the resort/boat, at around 12:00 p.m, we depart for Godhkhali to be transferred to Kolkata. Arrive at Kolkata by about 5:30 / 6:00 pm. Tour ends with sweet memories
Transfer to Kolkata for onward journey.
Meals : Breakfast, Lunch
Package cost available on Request.
Sundarban Group Tour Package Rate per person
|Min. Member Per Group
||Rate per person|
Standard Hotel Facilities:-
- Decorated & Well Equipped Rooms
- Washrooms with Modern Western Style Fittings and Geysers
- Color Television / LCD with Cable Connection.
- Round the clock friendly efficient room service.
- Same day Laundry and Dry cleaning service.
- 30% Min. Token Amount (Non Refundable)
- 50% before 14 Days Prior of Arrival
- 20% Collect at Pickup Time
Charges of Cancellation
- Prior to 30 days or more of arrival – 10% of tour cost
- Between 30 -15 Days prior of arrival – 25% of tour cost
- Between 14 -07 Days prior of arrival – 50% of tour cost
- Between 07- 03 Days prior of arrival – 75% of tour cost
- Between 02 Days/No show – 100% of tour cost
NOTE- All transfers and sightseeing are as per the Itinerary/package and in case of Air Conditioned vehicles, It will be switched off in the hills & when vehicle not run
- Booking Before 30 Days
- Booking Amount Minimum 30% Non Refundable
- Accommodation In Non Ac Room .
- Exclusive Use Of Boat (No Other Passengers).
- Food Plan Is Ap (Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner) At Sundarbans. We Serve Typical Bengali Food/Cuisines At Sundarbans (Both Veg And Non-Veg).
- Guide Charges, Entry Fees To Watchtowers, And Boat Entry Fees
- Train & Air Fare
- All Kind Of Personal Expenses Such As Tips, Laundry, Telephone Bills, And Beverages.
- It Also Does Not Include Any Meals Unless And Otherwise Specifically Mentioned.
- Camera Charges, Optional, Suggested Or Unspecified Activities.
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
[/list] NOTE- Please carry the identification & Address proofs. (Driving License, Voters Card, Passport, Adhar Card, Ration Card, PAN Cards)